Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hodge Podge

Hey there friends! Blogging has definitely become a difficult task. My little mister is almost 11 months old and he is ALWAYS on the go! If I'm not chasing him down, I'm trying to figure out what buttons he pushed on my laptop that has made my screen all wacky, lol.

Here's a little Coop fix for y'all!





I tried very hard to resist that frog costume but I just couldn't. Coop came to school for our Halloween parade and he was basically a celebrity. I can't tell you how much I love where I teach! Both of us are truly blessed that I am there with such wonderful people that love us.

I know I have been neglectful, but honestly, I will eventually get the hang of this new life. There are so many unknowns right now and so much new responsibility that sometimes its just overwhelming, ya know? Anywho, a few weeks ago someone had asked if I could post the directions to the stained glass apples that we make in September. I was good...I got out my camera and took pictures and had every intention of posting them right away but then life just got in the way. Here are how they turn out...






Here is how to make them...
Pre-cut two apples with the centers cut out for each student. Lay one of the patterns on wax paper. I have students use Elmers glue and a paint brush in the middle. They just put glue all over the center and the edge of the apple. Then they get to choose what color tissue paper they want in the center. They layer the tissue paper in the center AND on the edge until it is covered. Then we lay the other apple pattern on top (this way it hides the tissue paper edges from showing). Allow it to dry overnight. Then you can peel it right off the wax paper! Viola!

I was recently contacted by MPM School Supplies to try them out and boy am I glad I did! So, last year I purchased this timer...
I LOVE this timer. I use it for guided reading and recess, lol. Well, last year during my maternity leave, my timer took a leave of absence, as well, and has been missing ever since. So, I ordered my little timer and Carson Dellosa Quick Stick Word Families. I have been wanting to try them out for a while. With all of our crazy fire code regulations I really needed to find new smaller posters and these are PERFECT!!
Word Families Quick Stick Gr K-2

The order was super easy to complete online and it shipped really fast. I was so excited to have my little timer back, lol, it's the little things. Anyway, something was wrong with it. The screen was kind of wonky. I called the customer service and they said it was no problem and they would send out a new one. A few days later, I had the replacement and it works wonderfully!

If there is anything your classroom could use, I highly recommend MPM.

10% off your first 10 orders:

I have been asked if I am making anymore units and I am, it just is taking me a bit to get them together. My December unit is almost finished and from there, I will be working on a Winter unit, I believe. If there is anything you are desperate to see in those units, please let me know and I will try my best to accommodate. 

In the mean time, here are some fall favorites from last year :0)
Hoppy Fall Y'all 2011

Here is my Fall unit...


Poetry Journals...

I hope you are all happy and healthy. I miss the blogging world soooo much! Hugs to you all :)
Shannon

6 comments:

  1. I love the frog costume!! Coop is definitely a celebrity on this blog too. Too cute!
    It was great to see a new post from you. I love your work! I'm glad to hear you are doing well.

    Kari :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Cooper is the cutest little frog! Love how you change the heading on your blog. I just used your terrific Owl unit. loved your great ideas.
    This is the beginning of the most hectic time. Enjoy little Cooper!
    Sincerely,
    tonia Vento
    Mrsvento.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you and your little guy are doing just great! He. Is. Adorable.

    When my youngest was about his age, I attempted to start an online Master's program...needless to say I quickly dropped out! Toddlers are not conducive to productivity! Hang in there. Enjoy your time with him-- they grow SO fast! Your blog will be here whenever you can get to it. Or not. You know what matters most! <3

    Love the apples, too! Happy Fall!

    Kristen http://kinderpillars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! My thoughts & prayers are with you and your little man! He is adorable!! :)

    Mrs. M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shannon!

    We're thrilled that you were able to take part in our promotion and that you had a positive shopping experience with MPM School Supplies! While we can tweak and update our site in the hopes of providing a better and more user-friendly experience, but there's nothing more valuable than actual customer feedback.

    And, we know you're busy, so we're grateful that you took time out of your schedule to share your thoughts! Your son is uber adorable, by the way =)

    We hope you have a lovely holiday season and thanks again!
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the world's cutest child. I wish I could hold him. I am amazed that you get anything done at all. You are a lucky mom! Enjoy this cutie pie.
    I miss you,
    Fran

    ReplyDelete